Oh, I can't get enough of these vintage Valentine cards!
Hey, y'all! It's time for more love related folklore. Valentine's Day is just around the corner! (You can find last week's love folklore HERE.)
- If two people put spoons in a cup at the same time, the will be married.
- You can tell if your mate truly loves you by striking a match and holding it upside down. If it burns to the end, it's love!
- If you put a four leaf clover in your shoe, you'll marry the first person you meet.
- If your lips itch it means that you want to be kissed.
- Name a fishing hook after the person you love. If you catch a fish with the hook, it means the love is true.
- If you look in a mirror held over a spring (I've also heard a well), you will see the face of the person you will marry.
- If you swallow a chicken's heart, you'll win the hand of the one you love. *Ew, I don't recommend doing this. Just buy the gal some flowers!*
Post a Comment